Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mar 24, 2009

So we get to the NEDC about 9 am, and they give us a prescription for the Valium. That's about 9:10 am. They also give me waiver forms to sign, so we can talk to the Tennessean, and they can talk about us to the Tennessean too. Joerg runs to get the prescription filled. I think it's about 940 when he gets back. And then we run back and talk with the interview.

We walk into the room, and there's the communications person from the NEDC, a reporter, a cameraman, and a photographer.

The cameraman puts a microphone on me. I don't think anything of it. I don't even think I thought much of the video camera, as other than a recording device. I mean, it's a newspaper right?

So I'm sitting there, rocking side to side in my little swivel chair as we answer questions, and the photographer snaps photos.

Then it comes time, and the nurse says it's time for me to take my meds, it's now an hour before transfer (about 10 am eastern).

And then we ask about getting copies of the newspaper. And they said they'd send a copy to the NEDC to send to us. And then they told us that the video would be online in 1 to 2 weeks as well!!! EEEEK! So glad I wore makeup . . . but I feel really silly about swiviling around in my chair! But I was nervous and didn't think much about that video camera!!!


Ok, part three coming up . . .

No comments: