Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mar 24, 2009

The trip:

We left Sunday early, like about 740 am. I took the first leg, and drove about 4 hours. We drove about 11 hours that day. All the way from Apple Valley MN to Columbus IN. We listened to books on cd, and that was wonderful to pass the time. Plus, we can pause whenever we needed to.

We stayed at the Marriot there, and it was a great hotel.

Took off maybe at 930? eastern, and arrived at 3pm to our next hotel.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Farragut, TN.

Now, I always ask for smoke free, away from smoking, because of allergies, and Joerg has asthma (brought on by allergies). So the put us in a room. It's ok. Long about 6pm, it starts getting "smokie". If you're a non-smoker and have been in hotels that allow smoking, you know what I mean. You can't get away from it. It seeps into the room in the bathroom. It seeps in around the windows and walls. It creeps in. And gets stuffy. And sometimes it helps to have the AC on, but not always. It was NASTY.

So . . .

Before we go to bed last night, we realize . . . we forgot to bring the Valium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's at home in the dresser. sad.gif Oh well, we know there's Walgreens nearby, and we can get to the clinic early and if they have it on hand good, otherwise we'll go to the pharmacy.

Next morning, we wake up. Smoke is worse.

Joerg gives me my PIO shot.

Joerg pops his laptop open and announces he's looking for another hotel. I hop under the shower, and when I come out, he asks me to call a couple places while he hops under the shower.

I called the Comfort Suites, as they're another non-smoking chain. They were kind enough to offer me a "corporate rate" as they didn't have the hospital rate. So we're in here for about $80 before taxes. Yes, more than the Baymont, but WORTH IT! So we book it.

I get my make-up on, and Joerg packs everything up and loads the car. We have our little breakfast and check out. They're nice enough about it at the front desk, even saying that they should have put us on the 3rd floor (we asked for first) and that people smoke in the rooms even though it's non-smoking, and "What can you do other than charge them the fine after they leave?"

So we get to the NEDC about 9:10 am . . . .


**** breaking post up because it might get long! smile.gif

No comments: