Monday, November 23, 2009

moving also from stepping stones forums

May 2, 2008

Hehehe :) Ok, so my DH goes to get his labs this morning. I tell him he needs to take the lab orders with him (we're working with NEDC) so he can get the blood drawn for them. He gets almost there and calls, "I forgot them!" So he arranges that I can make a pdf and email them. No problem. Then later this morning I go in for my labs. Apparently he had already informed them that I'm a hard draw (veins roll, small veins, you name it, very hard for me to get a draw). As I ran in the building to the 5th floor, they were working on something across the hall from the office. Lots of noise! The receptionist and I were joking about it. So I'm sitting in the lab while they're running around making sure they have everything ordered properly before they draw so they don't need to redraw.

Suddenly an alarm goes off. They come in and say, we'll just wait a second to see if we really need to leave. Yup we really need to leave. So we go down all the stairs and outside and wait for about 15 minutes while the fire department comes and figures out what is going on. It's been raining here in MN and it's supposed to snow tonight too! Thankfully God put that alarm right when it wasn't raining and it was decently warm outside! :) The alarm was REALLY LOUD! If we weren't awake before, we were then!

So we go back in and as I go in I see the guy is still there working across the hall, and I ask him if that's where the fire was, just joking around, and he says, not fire, dust! Apparently they were trying to blow the dust out of there with a fan and it blew into the hall and made the fire alarm in front of the elevators go off.

I went back into the office and they took my blood and they're also faxing our medical records back to the NEDC.

But that's my exciting story for today :)

Love,
Julie

No comments: