Please bear with me. After I get it all over, I will have to figure out how to organize it all.
Thank you BabyHopes & J&A! I pray the little embies implant in you!
We're kinda "on hold" until May. We have friends who did anon EA through the NEDC, and she has twins from them. And she now has 5 remaining embryos, and wants to use one, and the remaining 4 are going to us. This was ok'd through the NEDC, as we're both approved, and they are anonymous. Apparently they've never done it this way before. Normally, they don't let people who used anonymously donated embryos know or pick out who the embryos are going to for an open relationship, because they aren't the genetic parents, and the genetic parents donated anonymously. But they are allowing it because we are already friends and both going through the NEDC. So we asked if they would allow this special case. This way, the children will know some of their genetic siblings too. :)
But we both have to cycle at the same time. And right now the timeframe of every other month puts us out to May. We had plans for November (we're going to AZ for Thanksgiving to my sister's, and they're going to WDW in Nov). And then they have a trip to Mexico over Spring Break, and my understanding is, a lot of miscarriages happen on trips to Mexico (for whatever reason) and we don't want to risk that at all! So that's why the wait until May then. :) And of course, if only one embie survives, she gets that one embie, and we still have our previous 4 embie "back-up donor" (the NEDC wants you to have at least 6 embies for a cycle, because they don't all survive the thaw) on hold with us. The ones I mention I believe somewhere in this thread. :)
I did join Weight Watchers, and we joined a gym, to help lose weight and get in shape. So the more time just means more of a chance to get in shape and lose weight. :)
Love,
Julie
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment